- This event has passed.
CERT MASTER – Correctional Emergency Response Team & Use of Force Instructor Certification Course
November 14 @ 8:00 am - November 18 @ 4:00 pm
Mason County Detention Center
702 US. 68
Maysville, KY 41056
November 14-18, 2022
A specialized five-day, limited enrollment, extensive and comprehensive CERT Master Instructor Certification Course designed and developed for CERT Officers. Participants will be fully capable and certified to properly instruct/train/certify other personnel for CERT, Disturbance/Riot Control, Less Lethal Shotgun and High-Risk Inmate Movement and tactical planning.
- Updating/establishing a lawful operational CERT team to federal standards.
- Use of force parameters in numerous correctional emergency response team operations including cell extractions, movement/transportation of inmates.
- Correctional based control & restraint techniques, Emergency Response Belt (ERB) techniques & tactics & Correctional OC Instructor certification.
- Disturbance and Riot Control Team training and tactics including Shield/Spray (S&S) formations, movements, and entries; Correctional Less Lethal Shotgun Specialist training with shotgun flash-bang rounds, flexible and non-flexible munitions.
- Training responsibilities for Team/Squad Leaders for operator/team training actions and considerations.
- Facility environmental planning logistics.
- Hands-on exercises and scenarios will be conducted in all phases of the training.
- Written and practical examinations.
Includes respective instructor manuals, training PowerPoints on USB drives, ERB, OC live & inert units and 5-year backed in court” instructor certification. [Attendees must bring 4-12 GA bean bag rounds to the course]
Sgt. James Linville
Phone: (606)564-3621 ext.18
Certification & Instructor
All TJA Use of Force Training, LLC courses are fully certified and recognized throughout the United States. Since 1990, TJA Use of Force Training has been responsible for the training and certification of 100’s of county CERT teams and more than 6,000 CERT instructors. TJA Use of Force Training is regarded as one of the leading use of force trainings in the country. The Company “backs in court” at “NO COST” all training programs and certified instructors in the unlikely event of litigation.